Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Kids are a mystery

So last night my parents stopped by to drop off a few really cute cowboy prints for Ashton's room, and they stayed a while to play with the kids. While we were playing, Alayna just started crying and at first we couldn't tell what in the world happened. She kept crying and holding up her elbow. I gave her some tylenol, a warm bath and still...she was upset and not using her left arm. She could not really lift it, and would not use it at all. I have no idea why her arm is doing this! Shawn and I decided that she wasn't in need on an ER visit and in fact fell asleep all on her own in her bed. So she slept for a while, and then woke up around 11:00 pm. She was up crying again on and off...just couldn't get comfy anywhere we held her, laid her, etc. Then at 1:30 am, she all the sudden was a little better. So much in fact, that while laying in bed with me she started singing and giggling! So I took her to her bed and when she got up this morning, you would never even know her arm was hurting last night! She climbing and using her arm like she had nothing wrong with it. So anyway, I took her to Dr. Cardwell this morning and he thinks she had "nursemaids elbow" and that somehow she corrected it herself! So that's that...the story of Alaynas mystery elbow boo-boo. :)

1 comment:

One Daddy + One Mommy + Big Brother + Baby #2 on the Way! said...

I wonder if it was just growing pains.... I'm glad she is feeling better :)