Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Here we are...the last week of summer vacation

This week is our last week all together. Soon, we will relive the hustle and bustle of school days for all of us...except Shawn. He has to go to work all year long :) Ashton has an open house on Thursday night where we will meet his teacher, see his classroom and meet some new friends. Then, on Monday, he will have his first day of first grade! I can't believe my first little baby is going into first grade.
Alayna and I will have one more week before we start preschool routine. I will go back for work week where I will put together my classroom. For the first time I will have a whole classroom to myself! I never minded sharing a room...but to have one to myself all week is going to be great :)
Alayna is going to be in a three day a week class this year and she is excited! I love having her with me at school, just as I loved having Ashton with me at preschool when he was there. It's so nice to see her develop and enjoy herself while at preschool.
This week we are just hanging out, enjoying our free time while it lasts. Today we went and enjoyed our neighborhood pool and it felt great in this scorching heat. We are now almost 60 days over 100+ degrees, and we have yet to have any rain.
Until next time...

No comments: