Today marked the third day of Ashton's swimming lessons. He has come a long way in only a few days! Let's start with last summer. He was totally terrified of the "deep" end of our pool. This part of the pool is only 3ft.6inches at the deepest. Sooo......since then he has realized that he is in fact tall enough to reach the bottom of the pool. This has opened up a whole new world for him. Although, he is not what I call a "natural born swimmer" by any means, he is doing really good! He will now hold his nose and go all the way under the water. This was a huge step for him! He is also learning to doggie paddle, something we will continue to practice as the summer continues :)
Alayna is polar opposite when it comes to pools. She is the kid who thinks she can swim automatically without floaties. She will jump in at a moments notice, and be all over the place. But...recently we had a little friend tell her that there are sharks in the pool and that she can get sucked into the drainage thingys. What has happend to my little fish out of water? Well, now she is scared of the "sharks" and I can't seem to get it through her curly little head that there are not sharks in the pool now or ever.
So while one of my children has overcome a large swimming hurdle, the other has encountered a new one. But I feel that the "shark" hurdle will be an "in time" issue that will resolve itself. I only hope it is sooner than later so I can too enjoy the pool :) Nothing like having a little leach on my back the whole time!
Until next time....
No comments:
Post a Comment